The City of Waterloo along with TechWorks Campus will act as your company’s advocate to secure local and state business incentives to help ensure the successful location on the TechWorks Campus.
Below is a summary of types of incentives available:
- Reduced Development Land Price for New Construction on out lots on the TechWorks campus
- Property Tax Rebatement of 50% annually for a 5-year term on any increased assessed valuation created
- Job Training Reimbursement Program - Reimbursement of training expenses related to starting an Iowa operation. Typical reimbursement is $3,000 U.S. per new Iowa job created
- Up to 6% Iowa sales tax rebatement for material used to build new facility or build-out to the existing structure
- Research & Tax Credit against State of Iowa Corporate Income Tax Liability – Up to 6%
- State Corporate Income Tax Credit
- State of Iowa Low - Interest Loan and/or Grant (subject to availability & eligibility)
- TechWorks Campus located in an Enterprise Zone
- Iowa Innovation Corporation Support Programs: Small Business Innovation Research & Technology Transfer; Industry Applied Research; Proof of Commercial Relevance Program; Innovation Extension Program
- Iowa Innovation Acceleration Fund - Funds support commercializing research, launching new start-ups and accelerating private investment
- Iowa Demonstration Fund - Provides financial and technical assistance to encourage high-technology prototype and concept development activities
Contact Cary Darrah for more information.